- Uniform convergence rate of sample autocovariances and
autocorrelations for linear spatial series, Adv. Math.
(Chinese) 18 (1989), 497-499.
- Uniform convergence rate of sample ACV and ACR for linear spatial
series under more general martingale condition, Adv. Math.
(Chinese) 20 (1991), 39-50.
- Parameter estimation of spatial AR model, Chinese Ann.
Math. 12 B (1991), 432-444.
- (with Z. Zheng) Asymptotic property of Lindstrom-Maddens'
confidence lower limit, Chinese J. Appl. Probab. Statist.
8 (1992), 403-410.
- Estimation of spatial AR models, Acta Math. Appl. Sinica
9 (1993), 174-187.
- REML estimation: Asymptotic behavior and related topics,
The Annals of Statistics 24 (1996), 255-286.
- (with A. Gelman and F. Bois) Physiological pharmacokinetic analysis
using population modeling and informative prior distribution,
Journal of the American Statistical Association 91 (1996),
- Wald consistency and the method of sieves in REML estimation,
The Annals of Statistics 25 (1997), 1781-1803.
- A derivation of BLUP - best linear unbiased predictor,
Statistics & Probability Letters 32 (1997), 321-324.
- Sharp upper and lower bounds for asymptotic levels of some statistical
tests, Statistics & Probability Letters 35 (1997), 395-400.
- Consistent estimators in generalized linear mixed models,
Journal of the American Statistical Association 93 (1998),
- Asymptotic properties of the empirical BLUP and BLUE in mixed linear
models, Statistica Sinica 8 (1998), 861-885.
- On unbiasedness of the empirical BLUE and BLUP,
Statistics & Probability Letters 41 (1999), 19-24.
- Some laws of the iterated logarithm for two parameter martingales,
Journal of Theoretical Probability 12 (1999),
- On maximum hierarchical likelihood estimators, Commun.
Statist. - Theory Meth. 28 (1999), 1769-1775.
- (with L. Gan) A test for global maximum,
Journal of the American Statistical Association 94 (1999),
- Conditional inference about generalized linear mixed models,
The Annals of Statistics 27 (1999), 1974-2007.
- A nonlinear Gauss-Seidel algorithm for inference about GLMM,
Computational Statistics 15 (2000), 229-241.
- A matrix inequality and its statistical application,
Linear Algebra and Its Applications 307 (2000),
- (with H. Jia and H. Chen)
Maximum posterior estimation of random effects
in generalized linear mixed models, Statistica
Sinica 11 (2001), 97-120.
- A nonstandard chi-square test with application to generalized
linear model diagnostics, Statistics and Probability Letters
53 (2001), 101-109.
- Mixed-effects models with random cluster sizes, Statistics
and Probability Letters 53 (2001), 201-206.
- (with P. Lahiri) Empirical best prediction for small area inference
with binary data, Annals of the Institute of Statistical
Mathematics 53 (2001), 217-243.
- (with W. Zhang) Robust estimation in generalized linear mixed
models, Biometrika 88 (2001), 753-765.
- Goodness-of-fit tests for mixed model diagnostics,
The Annals of Statistics 29 (2001), 1137-1164.
- (with P. Lahiri and C. Wu) A generalization of the Pearson's
chi-square goodness-of-fit test with estimated cell frequencies,
Sankhya 63 A (2001), 260-276.
- On actual significance levels of combined tests, Journal
of Nonparametric Statistics 13 (2001), 763-774.
- (with W. Zhang) Distribution-free prediction intervals in mixed
linear models, Statistica Sinica 12 (2002), 537-553.
- (with P. Lahiri and S. Wan) A unified jackknife theory for
empirical best prediction with M-estimation,
The Annals of Statistics 30 (2002), 1782-1810.
- (with P. Fu and J. S. Rao) Robust estimation of multivariate
failure data with time-modulated frailty, Journal of Modern
Applied Statistical Methods 1 (2002), 367-378.
- Empirical best prediction for small area inference based on
generalized linear mixed models, Journal of Statistical Planning
and Inference 111 (2003), 117-127.
- Empirical method of moments and its applications, Journal
of Statistical Planning and Inference 115 (2003), 69-84.
- (with J. S. Rao) Consistent procedures for mixed linear model
selection, Sankhya 65 A (2003), 23-42.
- (with K. Das and J. N. K. Rao) Mean squared error of empirical
The Annals of Statistics 32 (2004), 818-840.
- Dispersion matrix in balanced mixed ANOVA models,
Linear Algebra and Its Applications 382 (2004), 211-219.
- Comment on ``Conditional and marginal models: Another view''
by Y. Lee and J. A. Nelder, Statistical Science 19 (2004),
- Partially observed information and inference about non-Gaussian
mixed linear models,
The Annals of Statistics 33 (2005), 2695-2731.
- Comment on ``Maximization by parts in likelihood
inference'' by P. X-K. Song, Y. Fan and J. D. Kalbfleisch,
Journal of the American Statistical Association 100 (2005), 1158-1159.
- (with P. Lahiri) Estimation of finite population domain means - a
model assisted empirical best prediction approach, Journal of
the American Statistical Association 101 (2006), 301-311.
- (with P. Lahiri) Mixed model prediction and small area estimation
(with discussion), TEST 15 (2006), 1-96.
- (with Z. Ge) Mixed models: An overview, in Frontiers of
Statistics in honor of Professor Peter J. Bickel's 65th birthday,
J. Fan and H. Koul ed., Imperial College Press (2006), 445-466.
- (with Y. Luan and Y.-G. Wang) Iterative estimating equations: Linear
convergence and asymptotic properties,
The Annals of Statistics 35 (2007), 2233-2260.
- (with J. S. Rao, Z. Gu and T. Nguyen) Fence methods for mixed model
selection, The Annals of Statistics 36 (2008), 1669-1692.
- (with T. Nguyen and J. S. Rao) A simplified adaptive fence procedure,
Statistics and Probability Letters 79 (2009), 625-629.
- (with T. Nguyen) Comments on ``Goodness-of-fit tests in mixed models''
by G. Claeskens and J. D. Hart, Test 18 (2009), 248-255.
- (with T. Nguyen and J. S. Rao) Fence method for
nonparametric small area estimation, Survey
Methodologyi 36 (2010), 3-11.
- (with T. Nguyen and J. S. Rao) Best predictive
small area estimation, Journal of the American
Statistical Association 106 (2011), 732-745.
- (with E.-T. Tang) The best EBLUP in the
Fay-Herriot model, Annals of the Institute of
Statistical Mathematics 63 (2011), 1123-1140.
- (with T. Nguyen and J. S. Rao) Invisible fence
method and the identification of differentially
expressed gene sets, Statistics and Its
Interface 4 (2011), 403-415.
- (with T. Nguyen) Simple estimation of hidden
correlation in repeated measures, Statistics in
Medicine 30 (29) (2011), 3403-3415.
- (with T. Nguyen) Restricted fence method for
covariate selection in longitudinal data analysis,
Biostatistics 13 (2012), 303-314.
- (with T. Nguyen) Small area estimation via
heteroscedastic nested-error regression, The
Canadian Journal of Statistics 40 (2012),
- The subset argument and consistency of MLE in
GLMM: Answer to an open problem and beyond, The
Annals of Statistics 41 (2013), 177-195.
- (with B. Lin and Z. Pang) Fixed and random effects
selection by REML and pathwise coordinate optimization,
Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics
22 (2014), 341-355.
- (with T. Nguyen and J. Peng) Fence methods for
backcross experiments, Journal of Statistical
Computation and Simulation 84 (2014), 644-662.
- The fence methods, Advances in Statistics,
Vol. 2014, 1-14, Hindawi Publishing Corp.
- (with T. Nguyen and J. S. Rao) The E-MS algorithm: Model
selection with incomplete data, Journal of the American
Statistical Association 110 (2015), 1136-1147.
- (with T. Nguyen and J. S. Rao) Observed best prediction
via nested-error regression with potentially misspecified mean
and variance, Survey Methodology 41 (2015), 37-55.
- (with S. Chen and T. Nguyen) Observed best prediction for small
area counts, Journal of Survey Statistics and Methodology
3 (2015), 136-161.
(with K. Hu, J. Choi, and A. Sim) Best predictive
generalized linear mixed model with predictive lasso for high-speed
network data analysis, International Journal of Statistics and
Probability 4 (2015), 132-148.
- (with C. Dao) A modified Pearson's chi-square test with application
to generalized linear mixed model diagnostics, Annals of
Mathematical Sciences and Applications 1 (2016), 195-215.
- (with C. Li, D. Paul, C. Yang, and H. Zhao) On high-dimensional
misspecified mixed model analysis in genome-wide association study,
The Annals of Statistics 44 (2016), 2127-2160.
- (with J. S. Rao, J. Fan and T. Nguyen) Classified mixed model
prediction, Journal of the American Statistical Association
113 (2018), 269-279.
- (with F. Bois, A. Gelman, D. Maszle, and G. Alexeef) Population
toxicokinetics of tetra chloroethylene, Archives of
Toxicology 70 (1996), 347-355.
- (with F. Petty, P. Bickel, M. Ostland, J. Rice, Y. Ritov, and
F. Schoeberg) Accurate estimation of travel times,
Transportation Research B 32 (1998), 1-17.
- (with D. K. Leonard) Gender bias and the college prediction of the
SAT's: A cry of despair, Research in Higher Education
40 (1999), 375-407.
- (with S. S. Aly, R. J. Anderson, R. H. Whitlock, T. L. Fyock,
S. McAdams, J. M. Adaska, and I. A. Gardner) Reliability of
environmental sampling to quantify Mycobacterium avium subspecies
paratuberculosis on California free-stall dairies, Journal of
Dairy Science 92 (2009), 3634-3642.
- (with S. S. Aly, R. J. Anderson, J. M. Adaska, and
I. A. Gardner) Association between Mycobacterium avium
subspecies paratuberculosis infection and Milk
production in two California dairies, Journal of
Dairy Science 93 (2010), 1030-1040.
- (with S. S. Aly, R. J. Anderson, R. H. Whitlock, T. L. Fyock,
S. C. McAdams, T. M. Byrem, J. M. Adaska, and I. A. Gardner)
Cost-effectiveness of diagnostic strategies to identify Mycobacterium
avium subspecies paratubercylosis super-shedder cows in a large dairy
herd using antibody enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays, quantitative
real-time polymerase chain reaction, and bacterial culture,
Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation 24 (2012),