What does Bootling (TM) mean?
The trademark "Bootling" has not yet entered the common language. Possibly
related is the verb "to boot", for which the Oxford English Dictionary
(1971) offers several meanings:
Note too the diminutive ending "ling".
- To make better (c. 1330)
- To make good a deficiency (1393)
- To be of use or value (c. 1400)
- To benefit, increase, enrich (1606)
- To share as booty (1554)
- To put boots on another or oneself (1468)
- To torture with the Boot (1580)
- To beat, formerly with a long jack-boot (1803)